Pocketpills Vitamin Giveaway Contest
Published By pocketpills:
February 10, 2021
Last Updated On: May 19, 2021
Pocketpills Vitamin Giveaway Contest
Table of Contents
PocketPills Contest Rules (the “Contest Rules”)
Each contest (a “Contest”) hosted by PocketPills (“PocketPills”) is governed by the contest rules (the “Short Rules”) located on any contest announcement, and these long-form rules (the “Contest Rules”). By participating or attempting to participate in a Contest, each entrant (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have received, understood, and agreed to the applicable Short Rules and the Contest Rules. Only Entrants who abide by the applicable Short Rules and the Contest Rules are eligible to win a prize in a Contest.
Although a Contest may be communicated, promoted, or administered by means of a third party social media or social networking service or platform, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (each a “Third Party Service”), such Contest is in not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Service.
The Short Rules and the Contest Rules may be amended from time to time without PocketPills providing any prior notice to Entrants.
Who is eligible to enter a Contest?
Unless otherwise specified in the applicable Short Rules, a Contest is open only to legal residents of each of the provinces and territories of Canada (other than residents of the province of Québec) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. If the entrant has not yet reached the age of majority in the province or territory of his/her residence, a) he/she will need to provide the Sponsor with their parent/legal guardian’s email address and phone number; and b) his/her parent or legal guardian must deliver the Release (as defined below) and claim any prize.
Contests are not open to employees, officers, and directors of PocketPills and any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, agents and representatives, as well as their immediate families and persons living in the same household as such individuals. In addition, any supplier or sponsor of a particular Contest (including any third party providing the prize(s) awarded in such Contest) is not eligible to enter such Contest, as well as and the supplier/sponsor’s directors, officers and employees, and their immediate families and persons living in the same household as such individuals.
PocketPills reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any Entrant.
How do I enter a Contest?
No purchase is necessary to enter and participate in a Contest.
A Contest will be open for entry during the period of time specified in the applicable Short Rules. In its sole discretion, PocketPills may extend any period of time for entry. Entrants are required to enter a Contest through the method indicated in the applicable Short Rules.
PocketPills will not confirm receipt of any entries, and proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. PocketPills has no obligation to advise an Entrant of an incomplete or otherwise non-compliant entry. PocketPills may also cancel a Contest at any time without providing prior notice to Entrants.
PocketPills reserves the right to reject or refuse an Entrant’s entry in a Contest if:
- the Entrant attempts to enter a contest in a manner not authorized by, or submits an entry that is not in compliance with, the applicable Short Rules or the Contest Rules;
- the entry contains false or misleading information, or is late, falsified, illegible, damaged or incomplete, or otherwise irregular;
- the entry is submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or other illicit means; or
- the entry contains, depicts, displays, or involves: any crude, vulgar, profane, sexually graphic, offensive, “off-colour”, harassing, threatening, derogatory, demeaning, defamatory, racist, abusive, hateful, violent, obscene, or discriminatory images, depictions, symbols, or material; any illegal statements, material, or content; any material that condones or incites violence, bullying, or other unlawful behavior; any political content or propaganda; or any other content that is or could reasonably be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by PocketPills in its sole discretion.
PocketPills reserves the right to permanently exclude any person from participating in all Contests if such person fails to comply with the Contest Rules. This determination will be made by PocketPills in its sole discretion, and will be effective upon PocketPills delivering notice of such determination to the email address or social media account last used by the Entrant.
What are the odds of winning a prize?
The odds of winning any prize depend on the number of valid entries received in the Contest in which such prize is being offered.
How will the winner(s) be selected?
The potential winner(s) of any Contest will be selected by automated random draw or otherwise in the manner specified in the Short Rules (each a “Selected Entrant”). A Selected Entrant will only be declared a winner (a “Winning Entrant”) if the Selected Entrant correctly answers, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question, and completes, signs, and returns the Release (as described below).
If selected, how do I claim my prize?
Prior to being declared a Winning Entrant, a Selected Entrant is required to execute and return a legal declaration and release form (the “Release”), which, among other things:
- confirms the Selected Entrant’s eligibility and compliance with the applicable Short Rules and the Contest Rules;
- acknowledges acceptance of the prize(s) as offered; and
- indemnifies and releases PocketPills and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or related companies and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, suppliers, representatives and agents, as well as any Third Party Service used in relation to administering the Contest (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any and all liability for:
- any personal injury, death, damage to or loss or destruction of property;
- any stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, damaged, delayed, undelivered, or unreadable entries, transmissions, email, mail, or other communications;
- injury or damage to any computer or other device resulting from or otherwise related to participation in the Contest, the use of any website, or the downloading or accessing of any materials; or
- any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise, relating in any way to the Contest, including those errors, problems, or difficulties that may relate to the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the advertising of the Contest, or the announcement of any prize or the identity of the Selected Entrant.
If the executed Release is not returned in the manner specified by PocketPills, the Selected Entrant will be disqualified and the prize(s) will be forfeited. In accordance with the applicable Short Rules and the Contest Rules, PocketPills, in its sole discretion, may select another eligible entry as a potential winner.
The Winning Entrant will be notified within 7 days of selection in the manner specified in the Short Rules, and must reply within 48 hours of being notified, unless otherwise specified in the Short Rules. If the Winning Entrant does not reply within 48 hours, the prize(s) will be forfeited and PocketPills reserves the right to select another Winning Entrant.
How are prizes distributed?
A prize may be provided to the Winning Entrant by PocketPills or the third party providing the prize in the Contest. [In the event that any prize is provided directly by a third party to a Winning Entrant, PocketPills accepts no liability for any undue delay in the distribution of a prize. The third party will be responsible for shipping and providing all prizes to Winning Entrants within a reasonable time period. If the third party will provide the prize, PocketPills will provide the Winning Entrant’s shipping information to the third party promptly upon completion of the Contest.]
The Winning Entrant must accept the applicable prize(s) as rewarded and may not be exchanged for cash or any other product(s) or service(s) except by PocketPills. PocketPills reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equal or greater value.
Except as otherwise indicated by PocketPills, the Winning Entrant must personally take delivery of the applicable prize(s) as instructed within [72 hours] of being notified that the prize(s) are available or within such other time period as the Winning Entrant may reasonably be advised by PocketPills. If instructed in writing by the Winning Entrant, PocketPills may mail the prize(s) to the Winning Entrant’s mailing address in Canada. If a Winning Entrant fails to take delivery of any prize as instructed, such prize may be deemed forfeited and PocketPills reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select another eligible entry as a potential winner.
Changes to Contests and Contest Rules
PocketPills reserves the right to make all decisions relating to the administration of each Contest, including the right to terminate, withdraw or amend the Contest or disqualify any entry for any reason. PocketPills may cancel, modify, or suspend any Contest or amend these Contest Rules for any reason whatsoever, at PocketPills’ sole discretion, without advance notice. All such decisions of PocketPills are final and not subject to appeal.
Collection of Personal Information of Contest Entrants
By entering a Contest, the Entrant consents to PocketPills’ collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information as PocketPills deems necessary for the administration of the Contest as described in the applicable Short Rules, the Contest Rules and for promotional purposes, as applicable. Each Entrant agrees that if they become a Selected Entrant or Winning Entrant, PocketPills may disclose and use their personal information (including name, address, social media handle, telephone numbers, and/or email addresses) to administer the Contest and deliver the prize(s).
The laws of the province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada apply to each Contest unless otherwise specified in the Short Form Rules.
Each Entrant agrees that:
- any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, any Contest or any prizes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts of British Columbia;
- any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual-out-of-pocket costs; and
- they waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs.
PocketPills reserves the right to seek any available legal remedy in connection with any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest.