Want to apply your engineering skills towards driving the future of healthcare? PocketPills is redefining the pharmacy experience, allowing patients to fill prescriptions from the convenience of their homes. We’re looking for software engineers who will help us in our mission to predict medication adherence, medication efficacy, disease progression and incidence of new diseases by leveraging machine learning. Our addressable market is retail pharmacy industry in Canada (~$25B annual revenues).
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Building scalable, highly available, resilient, extendable, secured architecture to provide a significant boost to the business.
2. Writing high quality code to achieve business goals.
3. Working with various cross-functional teams to understand their needs, offering them solutions and setting and managing their expectations.
4. Ensuring timely & high quality delivery.
5. Following up best practices for development and championing their adoption as per company defined standards.
6. Developing with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening.
Ideal candidate profile:
1. BS/ MS in Computer Science from a reputed institution.
2. Strong foundation in Data Structures/ Algorithms and their pros and cons.
3. Deep understanding of technologies and architecture for a scalable and highly available set-up.
4. Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
5. Experienced in Java and related Technologies like Spring, Hibernate etc.
6. Experience working on web applications.
7. Strong networking and Operating Systems fundamentals.Understanding of distributed systems.
8. Experienced in Streaming technologies like Kafka.
9. Experienced in developing the long-term tech strategy for analytics and translate that into an achievable roadmap.
10. Up-to-date with emerging technology trends and ability to choose the best.Strong in open source technologies, agile development.
11. Ability to deliver projects on time with high quality.
12. Very good experience in SQL and SQL databases.
13. Knowledge of indexing technologies like Elastic Search.