PocketPills is a new and innovative pharmacy. We pride ourselves in changing the landscape of how pharmacy is and will be practiced. By introducing technology-based platforms and automation of both workflow and dispensing, we free up time for the pharmacist to be engaged with patients day in and day out.
We are servicing BC, AB, SK, MB, ON and territories and expanding our services to Nova Scotia to serve Atlantic Canada. We are looking for an out of box thinker, tech-savvy Pharmacy Manager who can run the day-to-day operations for our NS pharmacy.
The successful candidate will plan, coordinate, direct, and participate in all activities related to the dispensing, delivery, receipt and handling of medications within corporate and regulatory guidelines.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with our Corporate Headquarters, facilitating changes within our program and incorporating new software updates, policies, procedures and workflow plans for the site and the Company as a whole. You will oversee production levels and customer service standards in addition to training, and evaluating pharmacy staff as directed by the Company. For more info visit www.pocketpills.com
- Comply with all applicable Company policies and procedures.
- Provide professional advice and applicable dialogue with patients on prescriptions to provide excellent customer service and customer maximize patient loyalty.
- Service and satisfy client’s health care needs in and out of the pharmacy area.
- Maintain professional rapport with ordering physicians.
- Process prescriptions in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide counselling and guidance to staff as needed.
- Maintain required and other reports.
- Implement proper pricing and receiving procedures to minimize shrinkage in such areas as damaged goods, returns, internal and external theft.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Federal and Provincial laws, rules and regulations.
- Maintain the dispensary inventory level within the prescribed guidelines through accurate perpetual inventory records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to learn and handle new software platforms.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships; talk with other healthcare professionals in a professional, businesslike manner; handle stressful situations in a professional manner; work in a fast-paced environment for extended periods of time; adapt to change; meet continuing education requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Science
- Ability to achieve results with a strong sense of urgency and a “can-do” attitude
- Previous pharmacy manager experience will be considered an asset
- Pharmacy license to practice in the province of Nova Scotia.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work productively as a member of a dynamic and fast-paced team
- Mandatory Fluency in English
- Fluency in French is an asset
- New grads welcome and encouraged to apply
Please forward your resume and indicate how soon you would be available to start. Due to high volume, only the shortlisted applicants will be selected.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Pharmacy Manager: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- Halifax, NS (Preferred)