How to Get Birth Control Pills in Canada?
The birth control pill is one of the top methods of contraception in Canada. There are a number of oral contraceptive options available, all of which require a prescription. If you’re looking for information on how to get birth control, you’re in the right place.
During your next visit to the doctors office, discuss the best birth control pill for your doctor and obtain a prescription from your doctor. In order to get birth control pills, a valid prescription issued from a Canadian doctor is required. You may also ask your doctor to fax the prescription over to PocketPills for faster service. Once PocketPills has received your prescription, the Care Team will start preparing your order for shipment.
The easiest way to get birth control pills in Canada is to do the following:
- Get a prescription
- Fill prescription online at PocketPills – Get Started
- Get free delivery every month
Table of Contents
Getting a Prescription
If you need to get a prescription, there are a number of places you can go to get one, including:
- Your family doctor
- Sexual health clinic
- Walk-in clinic
- Virtual doctor consultation
Your doctor or medical professional will review your current medications, medical history, and general health to ensure that you are prescribed a birth control pill that best meets your needs.
#KnowYourPills: Learn how birth control pills work, their side effects, benefits & more:
- Alesse Birth Control Pill,
- Lolo Birth Control Pill
Filling Birth Control Prescription Online at Pocketpills
Filling your prescription with PocketPills is easy:
- Create an account online or by downloading the PocketPills app
- Provide us with your current medical and pharmacy details:
- Your current pharmacy’s details
- Your health card
- Private medical insurance information as applicable
If you do not have a running prescription at a pharmacy, you can take a picture of your prescription with your cell phone and upload it to the PocketPills app. You can also have your doctor fax us the prescription directly.
Once we receive all of your information, we will automatically notify you by text when we are getting your medication ready. You’ll know exactly when your prescription is being prepared, shipped and delivered
Benefits of Filling Your Prescription at Pocketpills:
- No more trips to the pharmacy: PocketPills brings pharmacy to your doorstep. Fill prescription online and skip the pharmacy line ups for good. We deliver your medications right to you at your home/office, for free.
- Never miss a dose: We sort your medication by dose into small, easy-to-open packets, so that you never forget taking your pill(s).
- Never run out: We can auto-refill your medications when they are due, so you never have to worry about running out. We can easily incorporate any changes in your prescription and can also coordinate renewals with your doctor so you get the right medications delivered to you on time.
- Instantly connect with pharmacists: Have questions about your medication, its side effects or current health condition? Connect with PocketPills’ pharmacists via live chat, SMS, email or a phone call.
Is birth control free in Canada?
Birth control is only free in the province of Ontario up until the age of 25. If you do have insurance coverage, a portion or all of the cost may be covered through your plan. At PocketPills we work with both provincial and private insurance plans, and will work together with them to solve any outstanding claims.
How to get free birth control in Canada?
Unless you have insurance coverage, birth control is only free in Ontario. We work with both public and private insurance coverages, and will work together with them to resolve any outstanding claims.
How to get birth control pills Toronto?
- Birth control pills can be obtained from your doctor, sexual health clinic, or from Planned Parenthood Toronto’s Health Services
- Certain walk in clinics also provide prescriptions for birth control
- If you don’t have OHIP coverage, it is still possible to get a prescription from Planned Parenthood Toronto’s Health Services
Users Love PocketPills
“My birth control just shows up at my house. I don’t have to remember about reordering it!” – Watch Kynesha’s story.
Rated 4.9/5 on Google as well as Facebook