Delivering a Simpler, Better Pharmacy Experience
Published on: February 28, 2019
Last Updated On: April 28, 2021
Delivering a Simpler, Better Pharmacy Experience
Managing your medicines in a busy lifestyle can be challenging. The pharmacy can be time-consuming and managing your medications can be costly. That’s why online pharmacy is designed to help you save your time and money. You don’t have to wait in line at the store to fill your prescriptions. You can have your doctor fax your prescription to them, input the details of your old pharmacy online, or take a picture of your prescription with the online pharmacy app. You can also refill your prescription with the push of a button. If you’ve run out of refills, you can request a renewal on the app and we’ll coordinate it with your doctor on your behalf. Here are some tips for managing medications:
- Understand information about your medicines from your pharmacist.
- Improve medicine memory by keeping it in an easily visible place.
- Make a checklist of the medicines and take them while going on a vacation.
Table of Contents
Old age and Online Pharmacy
With the internet and social media dominating the world, everything around us is online. The same applied to the medicines we buy. The online pharmacy is convenient and quick to shop, where you can get any medication over the internet.
Some benefits of online pharmacy as compared to old age pharmacies are:
- Information is confidential
- Easy Secured payments
- Range of choices
Here is how online pharmacy helps people with chronic conditions:
- Offer a wide variety of medicines
- Home delivery of refills
- Provide lab tests at home
- Offer skilled assistance
- Facilitate online consultation
Senior Citizens Medication Reminders
Whether you are taking care of a relative or managing your absent-mindedness, medication reminders, especially for senior citizens, are crucial aspects of medical care. Here are some easy tactics to help you manage medicines easily:
- Set up reminders
- Build a morning or morning routine
- Schedule meds with your meals
- Add labels to your medicine bottles
- Reminders through the mobile app
- Set up smart home reminders
Medication Reminder App
Multiple reminder apps are available online. The following features may help you make a decision:
- Supports multiple users
- Has security features
- Offers reminders that do not require Wi-Fi connections to work
- Supports scheduling functions
- Records the doses taken
- A companion website to sync your information
- Allows searching and selecting of medicines
- Medicine reminders include refill, dose, and expiry alerts
- Allows sharing of information with healthcare providers and family members
According to the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) Canada, “system-based error prevention strategies that employ automation and computerization, as well as forcing functions and constraints, are the most likely to create lasting changes for safe medication use.” You can search for a service that partners with health care organizations to impact safe, evidence-based technologies and best practices.”
The best way to dispose of expired or unused medicines is to drop them off at the drug back location, site, or program immediately.
If you cannot take it back to the desired location and there is none available near you, you can do the following:
- If the medicine is on the flush list, you can flush down the medication down the toilet.
- If the medicine is not on the flush list, you should follow the label’s instructions to discard the medication in the trash at home.
Pocketpills not just saving you time, but money, too. We’ve moved the pharmacy online to make medication more affordable. We deliver for free and our dispensing fee is just . Since we don’t have expensive storefronts and we use automation to pack your medication, we save on our costs and pass those savings on to you.
Our aim is to help you manage your medications more efficiently. We know it can be difficult to keep track of medications from multiple vials, so we sort all your pills by dose into easy-to-open, easy-to-read PocketPacks. Each PocketPack clearly displays your name, your medication information and the time to take it. In addition, you can use the PocketPills app to set reminders to take your pills.
Our pharmacists are available to provide the support you need when you need it. If you have questions or want to know more about your medication, you can live chat with our pharmacists online or through our app.
PocketPills is here to make your life easier. We’re constantly working to improve every aspect of the pharmacy experience.
- Ozempic vs Metformin: Side effects, results, price & ease of use compared
- How To Buy Tretinoin Online in Canada?
- What are some things I need to know or do while I take Lolo?
- What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Lolo?
- Lolo Warnings: Heart & blood side effects. Stroke, blood clots, dementia, cancer