5 Reasons To Switch to PocketPills’ Online Pharmacy Service
Published By pocketpills:
February 4, 2020
Last Updated On: January 3, 2021
5 Reasons To Switch to PocketPills’ Online Pharmacy Service
With brick-and-mortar pharmacies being the norm over the years, it is understandable that some people may have questions about switching to an online pharmacy. However, there are many benefits to an online pharmacy like PocketPills. But, first let’s understand the benefits of online pharmacies.
Table of Contents
Advantage of Online Pharmacy
Thanks to e-commerce and the internet, we are comfortable doing online shopping, including manage medication with online pharmacies. Some advantages of an online pharmacy are:
- Pocket friendly: Although it may be unethical to look at this factor, as medicines are not a typical product, but if you look at the reason behind this, it is a factor that must be considered. Online pharmacies are cheaper than traditional bricks-and-mortar ones as they do not involve the rent of owning the shop, paying the staff, and the cost of bills. While there may be disparities in the price of medicines among online pharmacies, the costliest of them would be cheaper than a traditional pharmacy.
- Ease of accessibility: Imagine traveling to a pharmacy only to find that you have forgotten or misplaced your prescription. It is not a pleasant experience, is it? So, many of you, especially those who would be leading a busy lifestyle, may find this option extremely convenient. Being able to order from your home prevents traveling to a pharmacy and standing in a queue.
- Hassle-free: By shopping your medicine online, you do not have to go through the stress of traveling to a pharmacy only to know the medication is out of stock. In an online pharmacy, you will be able to understand if the medicine is in stock.
- Expertise: Your online pharmacist is a qualified professional and will be able to offer you sound medical advice. They will also help you with any medicine-related information.
- Discretion: You may need some privacy while buying certain medicines such as Viagra or hemorrhoid treatment. By ordering medications online, your information is discreet without anyone knowing about it.
Importance of E-Pharmacy
The e-pharmacy business model is consumer-friendly by saving both time and money. It involves the following two types of business models.
Unorganized Online Pharmacy
The basic difference between this type of pharmacy and the organized one is that the unorganized pharmacy does not ask for a prescription for prescription medicines. This could be a threat as some abusable drugs may be abused, putting the patient’s life in danger. Another characteristic that differentiates an unorganized pharmacy from an organized one is asking for upfront payment.
Organized Online Pharmacy
Unlike unorganized online pharmacies, organized ones will always ask for a prescription to buy a prescription drug. These pharmacies will also critically monitor your medical records.
Organized pharmacy tracks your orders and keeps a history of transactions and policies before delivering medicines at your doorstep. They follow one of the following models:
- Inventory-based model: They have a central reserve infrastructure, a physical stock base where medicines are sourced to various cities and states. Some e-pharmacies are also a part of manufacturing units. This means that they manufacture their own drugs and include centralized stockpiles throughout Canada, allowing them to make medicines available as soon as possible.
- Market-Based Model: They do not have a centralized stockpile, instead to collaborate with existing inventories. Some e-pharmacies also choose to collaborate with local chemist shops. When you order from such a pharmacy, they contact the nearest pharmacy, which is responsible for delivering the medicine to your doorstep.
Reasons to switch to PocketPills
This article outlines five reasons why switching to PocketPills will make your medication experience an easier one.
1. Save Money
We understand that our customers want excellent service at an affordable price. At PocketPills, we automate some of the tasks that are typically completed manually in traditional pharmacies.
By automating these tasks, we are able to minimize labour costs significantly, which in turn leads to savings for our customers. This includes offering free shipping on all orders.
You can also search medication prices before you fill a prescription.
Free Delivery, Low Dispensing Fee
Brick and mortar pharmacies often add a price markup to the medication they dispense. This markup helps cover some of the expenses associated with maintaining a building, including repair costs, hydro fees, housekeeping fees, rental costs, etc. Since PocketPills is a centralized, online pharmacy, there are no high markups on the medication we offer.
To simplify medication management, PocketPills sorts the medication by time and date into “PocketPacks.” PocketPacks are small, easy-to-open packages with the medicine organized according to when it needs to be taken.
PocketPacks are an excellent choice, especially for those who take multiple medications a day. Receiving your medication in packs that are already sorted will keep users from accidentally taking the wrong medication/dose at the wrong time. Additionally, since your medication will arrive sorted and ready to go, you won’t have to worry about sorting your meds into pill organizers. Depending on the number of prescriptions that you take, this can equate to a time savings of 3-5 hours a month.
Those who take multiple medications to treat various illnesses tend to have two or more prescribing doctors. Keeping track of prescriptions from numerous sources and remembering to fill them on time can be a difficult task. This is why PocketPills uses medication synchronization to help you manage your medication.
Medication synchronization is a method used by some pharmacies to coordinate your prescriptions in a way that enables you to get all of your ongoing medication at that same time on a regular schedule. PocketPills will send your PocketPacks to you every month, and you’ll never have to worry about going to the pharmacy multiple times to pick up your prescriptions.
3. Quick Access to a Pharmacist
PocketPills makes it easy to get in contact with one of our pharmacists. If you have any questions or concerns about your prescriptions, there are a number of contact options available.
Our pharmacists can be reached through the PocketPills app or website by text, by email, and by phone – 1-855-950-7225. You can quickly and easily contact a pharmacist from the comfort of your own home or while on the go.
4. We Keep You Informed
Making sure that you are informed about your medication is of the utmost importance to us. When your monthly PocketPack shipment is prepared, we will send you a text message notifying you. You will receive another text message once your PocketPacks are shipped, and a final text message once delivery of your medication has been confirmed.
When you get close to the end of your PocketPacks, you will find an empty PocketPack with a reminder written on it. The purpose of the reminder pack is to prompt you to contact us, if necessary, and advise us of any changes to your prescriptions.
5. Care for your Entire Family
If you have family members that take medication, PocketPills can help. The PocketPills app allows you to add more than one person to the same profile. As the primary contact, you will have oversight over your family member’s medication, and you will be able to make the same changes and updates to your family member’s medication as you would for yourself. This feature is beneficial for caregivers, too.
How to Ensure Doorstep Delivery of Your Medication?
Here is how you can ensure doorstep delivery of medicine from our mail-order pharmacy:
- Visit www.pocketpills.com/app/
- Upload your prescription
- Select medications you are looking for
- Move to payment gateway and use promo codes if any
- Select your mode of payment
- Place your order
Once you place an order, you will get a confirmation immediately, and your first shipment will arrive by the next business day. If you need something urgent, we can ship it to you overnight.
Opting for an online pharmacy like PocketPills is not only convenient, but it will save you time and money too. If you are ready to sign up and make taking your medication easy.