Buy Mayzent Online
Get FREE Delivery in Canada
Looking to buy Mayzent online? Get your medications delivered to your doorstep. Just upload your prescription, consult with our pharmacists and we will deliver your daily medications right to your doorstep. Just looking for medication prices - search medication prices
Buy Mayzent Online
Get FREE Delivery in Canada
Get a Prescription Online to Buy Mayzent
Need an online prescription for Mayzent ? Talk to a Canadian Doctor for free. Get online prescriptions, renewals, or even request a new one. Book Your appointment today!
Get an Mayzent Prescription Online
Online Pharmacy Delivery
No more waiting in line, sorting your pills, or missing your doses - Switch to PocketPills' online pharmacy delivery service. Your medication is sorted by dose, date and time into PocketPacks, convenient to carry whenever on the go Manage everything directly through our app.
Online Pharmacy Delivery
Frequently Asked Questions About Mayzent
What is Mayzent?
Mayzent is an oral prescription medication that contains Siponimod as the active ingredient. It is used to treat relapse forms of multiple sclerosis (MS) in adults, including clinically isolated syndrome, relapsing-remitting disease, and active secondary progressive disease.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an autoimmune disease in which the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks the brain and spinal cord, further causing nerve malfunction. People with MS may experience loss of muscle coordination, numbness, weakness, and problems with vision, bladder control, and speech. The safety and efficacy of the drug is not established in the children.
Let us understand more about the medication, including its uses, side effects, and precautions to be followed.
How to use Mayzent?
What are the approved label uses of Mayzent?
- Mayzent is used in adults to prevent the symptoms and slow down the worsening of the disability in adults with relapsing-remitting forms of multiple sclerosis that include clinically isolated syndrome, relapsing-remitting disease, and active secondary progressive disease.
What are some off-label uses of Mayzent?
There is no off-label use of the medicine so far.
It may be prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
What are the instructions for Mayzent?
Do not stop taking the medication without consulting with your doctor. Follow the instructions on the prescription label and ask your physician or pharmacist if you have any queries regarding the dosing.
- Mayzent is available as a tablet that is to be taken orally
- It is usually prescribed once daily. It can be taken with or without food. Take the medication at the same time every day so that it is easy to remember
- Take this medication regularly to get the maximum response to the treatment
- Continue following your regular diet unless your doctor advises you
- Swallow the tablet, do not spit, chew, or crush the tablet
- Your physician may start you with the low dose and gradually increase the dose after 4 or 5 days
- Mayzent may cause slowing of heartbeat, especially during the first 6 hours after your first dose. Your physician may ask you to undergo an electrocardiogram before the first dose and after 6 hours to monitor the heartbeat. So, you will have to stay at the doctor’s dosing during the first dose
- You may be asked to stay overnight at the medical facility after your first dose if you have certain conditions or take any medication that may increase the risk of slowing your heartbeat or if your heartbeat slows down more than expected after your first dose. In such cases, you may stay at the center at least 6 hours after taking your second dose
- Mayzent helps to control symptoms of multiple sclerosis or slow the progression of it; however, it does not cure it
If you miss one or more doses during the initial treatment period (4 – 5 days), call your doctor immediately as you may need to restart the treatment.
If you miss one to three days during the regular dosing (after 4 – 5 days), take the medication as soon as you remember. If you miss taking medication for four or more days in a row during regular dosing, call your physician immediately as you may need to restart the treatment.
What are the ingredients in Mayzent?
Mayzent is a tablet that contains Siponimod as an active ingredient. It is available in two dosages, 0.25 mg, and 2 mg tablets.
Siponimod belongs to the sphingosine-I-phosphate receptor modular class of drugs. It works by blocking lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell part of the immune system) emerging from lymph nodes and reducing the number of lymphocytes in the central nervous system. Thus, reducing the central inflammation, the cause of multiple sclerosis.
How to store and dispose of Mayzent?
- Mayzent may be dispensed in blister or bottle packaging
- Store the unopened containers in a refrigerator between 2°C to 8°C
- Store the blister pack for ≤3 months after opening. Do not refrigerate and store in original container. Make sure you store it away from moisture and excess heat
- Store the bottles at room temperature for ≤3 months after opening. Do not refrigerate and store in original container. Store the bottle tightly closed and away from the children
What are the side effects of Mayzent?
Like all the medications, Mayzent also has side effects. It is possible that most people may not experience any side effects or may experience minor side effects. You may experience the following side effects. Inform your physician if these symptoms are severe or if they do not go away.
Common side effects include:
- Pain in the arms, legs, hands, or feet
Some of the side effects can be serious. You must call your doctor immediately if you experience any of the below-mentioned symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Neck stiffness
- Sensitivity to light
- Sore throat
- Body ache
- Blindspot in the center of your vision
- Unusual color to your vision
- Other vision problems
- Weakness on one side of the body
- Changes in your memory or balance
- Elevation of liver enzymes
Mayzent may make you vulnerable to developing skin cancer. Talk to your doctor with regards to the risk of the medication.
Mayzent may cause other side effects. Call your physician if you experience any unusual problems while on this medication.
What are the most important contraindications when on Mayzent?
Tell your physician or pharmacist about it if you are allergic to Siponimod. If you have any other allergies, do not forget to share the same with the health care professional.
Do not take or inform your doctor if you have or had following conditions:
- History of heart attack, angina, stroke, mini-stroke, or heart failure in last six months
- History if an irregular heartbeat
- Ongoing fever
- Ongoing infection or any signs of infection that comes and goes away
- Sleep apnea (a condition where you briefly stop breathing many times during the night)
- Breathing problems
- High blood pressure
- Uveitis (inflammation of the eye)
- Any other eye problems
- Skin cancer
- Heart disorder
- Liver disorder
- If you have received any vaccine recently
- If you have ever fainted
- If you never had chickenpox or have not received the chickenpox vaccine
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or if you are thinking of getting pregnant. You should use birth control to prevent pregnancy during your treatment and for at least 10 days after your last dose. Call your doctor immediately if you become pregnant while taking Mayzent or within 10 days of your last dose.
What are the warnings and precautions of Mayzent?
Inform your health worker about other prescription, non-prescription medications, and nutritional supplements that you are taking. Also, inform about vitamins and herbal supplements that you are taking or planning to take.
It is not known if Mayzent can be transmitted via breast milk. According to the manufacturer, breastfeeding females should consider the risk of infant exposure.
Before having surgery, inform your doctor or dentist about all the medications you use.
Blood pressure, liver enzymes, cardiovascular functions, signs of any infections, macular edema, neurotoxicity, and respiratory functions should be monitored frequently. Your doctor may advise you to undergo all the tests to get baseline readings before initiating the treatment and monitor you during the treatment phase.
You should regularly visit a skin doctor as Mayzent may cause skin cancer.
What are the most important interactions of Mayzent?
Mayzent may interact with any of the following medications or inform your doctor if you are taking any of the below-mentioned medication:
- Beta-blockers (atenolol, metoprolol, propranolol, etc.)
- Corticosteroids (dexamethasone, methylprednisolone)
The list is not comprehensive, and other drugs may interact with Mayzent. You should mention all the medications that you are taking and consult your doctor before starting the medication.
Can I take Oral Contraceptive Pills While Taking Mayzent?
Yes, you can use oral contraceptive pills while taking Mayzent. You can discuss various contraceptive methods with your physician that may suit you best.
When can I Take Mayzent?
Mayzent can be taken any time of the day. It would help if you consumed it at a fixed time so that remembering it becomes easy.
Is There A Generic Version to Mayzent?
No. For now, there is no therapeutically equivalent version of Mayzent available in Canada.
How Is Mayzent Different from Others In The Treatment Of Ailment?
These drugs have not been compared directly to each other. However, they have been studied separately for treating MS, and they all have been effective. Be sure to talk to your doctor about which treatment option is right for you.
Who Makes Mayzent and What Is Their Manufacturing Record of Success?
Novartis, a multinational pharmaceutical company, has come up with Mayzent. Novartis is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.